Menu

Home

Lodge History.

Office Bearers.

Past Masters.

Become A Freemason ?

Contact Us.



Photo. Gallery.

2013 Installation

2014 Installation

2015 Installation

2016 Installation

Guest Book

Sign the Guest Book

Calendar



Visitors





Next Meeting

Monday.

16th October 2017

Event.

F.C. Degree.

PGL Visit

R.W.M. Bro. D Lumsdens 'Greetin Meeting'

Time.

7.00pm
Visitors Welcome


Meeting Schedule

Lodge St. Regulus Meets on the third Monday of each month during the working season.

September to May.



Links

Grand Lodge Of Scotland

Grand Lodge

P.G.L. of Fife And Kinross

P.G.L.Fife&Kinross

Facebook

  Fife Masonic News

St. Regulus lodge was constituted in 1759 and ranked amongst its members a great part of the nobility and gentry of the County of Fife.
Dr. George Bethune of Kingask was the first master, and was succeeded by the Earl Of Elgin and Kincardine.
While this nobleman was master of the lodge he was elected Grand Master Mason of Scotland, and St Regulus lodge out of respect to him appointed a deputation of their number to repair to Edinburgh on St Andrews Day 1761 to attend him at his installation.
On October 17th 1760 the lodge was honoured with a grand visit by David Earl of Leven, Grand Master Mason of Scotland, accompanied by his wardens, Lord Aberdour past Grand Master Mason, James Earl of Errol past Grand Master Mason, Alexander Earl of Galloway, and many other honourable and worshipful brethren from different lodges holding of Grand Lodge.
On February the 7th 1760 the lodge as expressive of their loyalty and brotherly love agreed to offer by advertisement one Guinea (besides the Kings Bounty) to every able bodied volunteer that should after that date enlist with Bro Captain Thomas Horsburgh.
On the 13th February 1761 the lodge resolved that their drink in their lodge should in coming be "Whiskey Punch" as expressive "of their love to their country and public spirit"
In this year the lodge in respect that St Regulus Tower and chapel at St Andrews were falling into decay by want of care agreed to contribute a sum to repair them and appointed a committee to wait upon the Earl of Leven in order to procure his interest with the Grand Lodge for assistance.
The lodge after being carried on with great spirit for above 40 years fell into abeyance.
It was however revived 1819 but the original Charter having gone missing a number of gentlemen in the town applied to grand Lodge for a new Charter which was granted.
In 1835 the old Charter was recovered and upon application to Grand Lodge St Regulus was restored to its former place on the roll of the Grand Lodge.
On the 20th May 1821 St Regulus out of respect of their patron saint held a lodge in the chapel Of St Regulus at St Andrews.
The lodge again became dormant about 1884 and remained so for over 30 years when it was reopened on 11th of September 1920 with great ceremony .
Bro Robert Home former depute master of lodge Cannongate Kilwinning No 2 was installed as master.
On the 14th of February 1925 the lodge assisted the Rt Hon the Earl of Elgin and Kincardine Provincial Grand Master of Fife And Kinross to lay, with full masonic ritual the foundation stone of the extension to the county buildings.
The present superb oak furniture of the lodge has all been presented by various Brethren of No 77 whilst many of the original unique jewels have been carefully preserved and were exhibited at the Glasgow Exhibition in 1911 where they were greatly admired